Zone Alarm Sucks

edited December 1969 in Computers
I just installed it because my Norton Internet security subscription runned out of date and ZA is free. Since i installed this sh*t Blubster can't connect anymore, Soulseek can't connect anymore and all my online games lag like sh*t.

Comments

• Zonealarm is awesome. Its harder to use then norton thought. Go to Program control and click the programs tab and all your programs will be listed and you can set permission for them there.
  • I did that, do you think i'm dumb or something :dah:
  • :down: u get slower downs with this zonealarm & it likes to b*tch & moan :P <br />i got nis2004 pro & have security a tad higher than corporate :P
  • i ahte zone alarm it slowed my comp down soo much and it was annoying
  • I got Norton 2003 now, it pwnz \M/
  • yah, i had ZoneAlarm for the longest time and had the same connection problems with eMule, I had to change which port it ran through in order for it to connect
  • don't use ZA<br />Norman anti virus works just fine
  • just put it this way... ZA tougnes bung :lol:
  • I used Zone Alarm Temporarily, and I hated it...Now Im using Norton, and my computer is happy. ^_^
  • don't use ZA<br />Norman anti virus works just fine
    <br />zone alarm = firewall<br />norton antivirus = anti-virus<br />you mean internet security yeah?<br />:)
  • i mean Norman anti-virus<br />don't use Norton<br />http://www.norman.com
  • wtf :confused: <br />i never even heard of norman b4<br />next they'll be telling me that there is a Mcoffe :P
  • tiny personal firewall and vexira antivirus work good for me....
  • An effective and easy-to-use firewall program, ZoneAlarm does a great job of keeping your PC safe from a variety of threats. ZoneAlarm uses a simple wizard to make configuring a firewall, which seems like a daunting task to many computer users, incredibly easy.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />_________________<br />Home security systems  <br />
  • is this a zone alarm rep? or an idiot?
  • Possibly both. Since everyone in this thread made it pretty clear ZoneAlarm sucks.
  • LMAO. This is old. <br /><br />If you have Vista or 7 on your PC, there isn't really a need for a 3rd firewall anymore, especially if you also have a hardware firewall as well (everyone has these days anyway).
  • on 1252094995:
    <br />LMAO. This is old. <br /><br />If you have Vista or 7 on your PC, there isn't really a need for a 3rd firewall anymore, especially if you also have a hardware firewall as well (everyone has these days anyway). <br />
    <br /><br />why is that? do you have a link to more info? I have not heard this<br /><br />
  • Best form of "firewall" is PeerBlock. Not really a firewall, but it blocks connections to blacklisted IP addresses when you download through torrent or emule. The IP lists are constantly updated. You can add/remove/create your own lists.
  • Oh i use PeerGuardian
  • on 1265134270:
    <br />Oh i use PeerGuardian<br />
    <br /><br />PeerBlock is the new version of PG. Same thing by the same people, but more refined and not as buggy.
  • on 1265132264:
    <br />
    on 1252094995:
    <br />LMAO. This is old. <br /><br />If you have Vista or 7 on your PC, there isn't really a need for a 3rd firewall anymore, especially if you also have a hardware firewall as well (everyone has these days anyway). <br />
    <br /><br />why is that? do you have a link to more info? I have not heard this<br />
    <br /><br />The firewall that comes with Windows Vista and Windows 7 is actually really good. It'll block unknown programs and ask you for permission, and it will block most attackers as well. If you have a router, your computers will be invisible on the Internet, and all the ports are closed by default, except for the ones you use a lot, like 80, for web surfing. Pretty much everyone is behind a router these days. You have to be a pretty damn good hacker to get past the average home router. Only thing you have to do yourself is change the default password to make it almost completely safe.<br /><br />Microsoft is doing good lately with their own security. You can also download their free virus scanner: MSE. It passes all the tests with flying colors, and it's free if you have a legitimate Windows. <br /><br />Peerblock/peerguardial will sort of protect you from the RIAA, but not against hackers. That tool is only useful if you're downloading and uploading (illegal stuff) with P2P programs.
  • on 1265136446:
    <br />
    on 1265134270:
    <br /><br />PeerBlock is the new version of PG. Same thing by the same people, but more refined and not as buggy.<br />
    <br /><br />So would you recommend i get peerblock?
  • on 1265153178:
    <br />
    on 1265136446:
    <br />
    on 1265134270:
    <br /><br />PeerBlock is the new version of PG. Same thing by the same people, but more refined and not as buggy.<br />
    <br /><br />So would you recommend i get peerblock?<br />
    <br /><br />It's from the same makers and it's newer, so yea.
  • on 1265153178:
    <br />
    on 1265136446:
    <br />
    on 1265134270:
    <br />Yea. I have better luck with the latest beta than the stable release. <br />PeerBlock is the new version of PG. Same thing by the same people, but more refined and not as buggy.<br />
    <br /><br />So would you recommend i get peerblock?<br />
  • zone alarm from sega zone?
  • No the anti-virus program. Not everything around here is sega related.