Phantasy Star Online 2: Minimum PC Requirements

edited December 1969 in Computers
Now that PSO2 has gone to Alpha trial the minimum system requirements for the game are phinally available.<br /><br />OS:<br />- Windows XP (32-bit versions only)<br />- Vista (all versions)<br />- 7 (all versions)<br />CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 (equivalent or better)<br />RAM: 2GB<br />GPU: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800GT (equivalent or better)<br />HDD Space: 8GB<br />Monitor: PSO2's minimum video resolution is 1280x720 (true 720p). You must have your computer's video resolution set to output at at least this resolution for PSO2 to play. Bad news for those of you holding onto your antiquated 1024x768 max res monitors.<br /><br />I'm quite stunned at these minimum spec requirements. Stunned and very excited to see how good this game is going to look.  :yep:

Comments

• koolaidman.jpeg<br /><br /> :D
  • Good find Tweeg.<br /><br />Diamond, what is going on in that pic lol?<br />
  • Yeah, what is that odd symbol the Kool-Aid Man is sporting?
  • lol On close inspection, the brick right underneath the speech bubble says "Tripass" on it if you look hard enough, and the blond chick is getting beaned in the head with a brick.
  • on 1301370202:
    <br />Now that PSO2 has gone to Alpha trial the minimum system requirements for the game are phinally available.<br /><br />OS:<br />- Windows XP (32-bit versions only)<br />- Vista (all versions)<br />- 7 (all versions)<br />CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 (equivalent or better)<br />RAM: 2GB<br />GPU: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800GT (equivalent or better)<br />HDD Space: 8GB<br />Monitor: PSO2's minimum video resolution is 1280x720 (true 720p). You must have your computer's video resolution set to output at at least this resolution for PSO2 to play. Bad news for those of you holding onto your antiquated 1024x768 max res monitors.<br /><br />I'm quite stunned at these minimum spec requirements. Stunned and very excited to see how good this game is going to look.  :yep:<br />
    <br /><br />This a very good specs for a gaming computer. Is this a Desk/Laptop?
  • on 1305052718:
    <br />This a very good specs for a gaming computer. Is this a Desk/Laptop?<br />
    <br /><br />Irrelevant, will play on either. A bit of an update on this though. Mind you, at this time this is purely rumor at the moment, but word is that Sega is upping the minimum system requirements due to discovered hardware ineffencies during the brief Closed Beta they ran this past fall. The PSO2 website seems to confirm this due to the page with the minimum system requirements has been removed.<br />
  • Today's mid range computers will be able to run that. Even a lot of laptops can handle that.
  • [size=36pt]O_O[/size]
    <br />I would like to convey that <br />1. I do have a new PC which I intend to be putting into service this weekend. And...<br />2. Sega's minimum system requirements are set appalingly low is this if my current old PC's assesment score results are of indication.<br /><br />Oh the horror! I averaged about 8 fps, with the test running on its' default settings!  :x_x:<br />old_sys_score.JPG
  • Please read more in the follow-up thread:<br /><br />http://www.segaforums.com/index.php?topic=8515.0
This discussion has been closed.