Whats this on the Sega CD?

edited December 1969 in Classic Systems
I found me a Model I Sega CD, and i happen to notice  on the left side of the unit, that there is a small slider with "Lock" written, along with an arrow.<br />What does this do? I have never used the Model I as a kid, i have always used the Model II.

Comments

• Picture?<br /><br />I'm just throwing out a guess, but is it some type of a lock that keeps your Genesis on the system?
  • Well i looked at it, and there is no latch or anything that the Genesis hooks onto with this part.
  • Well here is  a pic of it. Its very blurry, but i circled it in red.<br /><br />100_2549.jpg
  • Evidence insufficient. I can't make anything out.
  • I know, its the best my camrea can do in the lighting condtions i had there. Perhaps anyone else out there still has a Model I Sega CD?
  • Mind you, I own a model 1, but it's in storage. Have a vague recollection in my memory of that switch being used to diasable the eject button. That way if some idiot happened to press eject while you were in the middle of a game it wouldn't actually eject the disc.
  • Being that i still need to find me an AC Adaptor to use this, and that i have never used the Model I Sega CD, where is the eject button?
  • lol As a construction worker I just thought I'd point this out. Someone did a really sloppy caulking job between the masonry and the drywall there in the corner.
  • on 1285524915:
    <br />lol As a construction worker I just thought I'd point this out. Someone did a really sloppy caulking job between the masonry and the drywall there in the corner. <br />
    <br />ftw
  • lol Thank you CKY. My shit would not look like that.
  • Well i rent, so i guess i can complain to the maintenance. But they claim the wont do any "heavy" maintenance while a tenant is occupying a unit.
  • lol I'm sorry man. I feel ya.
  • Hey segadreamer!! <br />I know this is late but that lock you were wondering about is the "cable management" for the Mixing cable that plugs into the front headphone jack of the Model 1 Genesis and goes thru that and into the back. That way you dont just have the wire loose next to your Genesis and Sega CD.