Apple users are idiots

edited April 2012 in Computers
I'm sure most of you know what Steam is and have worked with it. They released it for Mac a couple of days ago. Check this video out: <br /><br />Steam for Mac sucks<br /><br />This confirms to me what I already knew about Mac users: They are complete idiots who don't know how to deal with computers, but yet at the same time they feel like they are better than everyone. <br /><br />The thing that suprises me the most is that this guy doesn't even understand that a game needs to be downloaded before it can be played. That he even gets MAD that the game needs to be downloaded even though Steam clearly tells you that it takes up 1.6 GB of space. The reason the game crashed is most ikely because his hardware isn't up to the task. Portal does require a reasonable graphics card, and not every mac has one, including the really expensive ones.<br /><br />On a side note, and this is to all the Apple freaks out there: Wake up assholes, a computer will always be a computer: a lame geek machine. It will never be a fashion or lifestyle statement, no matter how much white glossy plastic is on there.

Comments

• on 1274061941:
    <br />This confirms to me what I already knew about Mac users: They are complete idiots who don't know how to deal with computers, but yet at the same time they feel like they are better than everyone. <br />
    <br />That's the truth. They're essentially an overpriced computer that serves as a status symbol of wealth for really stupid people. We get some of these "Mac" (short for Macintosh) nut jobs in the store I work at frequently. Absolute idiots of varrying variaties:<br /><br />Type 1: Suckers who are seriously contemplating buying a Mac because they've been misinformed that Macs can never break down or get infected by viruses.<br />Type 2: Mac owner who can't figure out why (insert program name here) won't install/run on their computer. This is commonly because they're trying to install a Windows only program, but on rare occassion you get one of this type whose computer just isn't high enough spec to handle whatever program.<br />Type 3: Mac owners who make a point of vocalizing that they can't understand why PC companies are still in business. They always embarrass themselves like this before discovering they've wondered into Microsoft Partnered PC store which doesn't deal in anything Mac related.<br />Type 4: Badass, diehard, "My first computer was an Apple II", lick my snakeskin loafers, iPhone sporting, Mac fanatics who very quietly enter, attempt to sign in their beloved shiny-art-deco-crap computer for repair only to be informed that Apple has managed to find a way to enforce prevention of any non-Apple authorized computer repair facilities from being able to work on their computers. This tends to end badly with the once quiet and civil behaving individual storming out furiously shouting anti-Microsoft mantra and chanting praises to Steve Jobs. Generally they make fools out of themselves in public. But hey, they're wealthy Mac owners, and those wealthy folk just looooooooooooove being the center of attention.  :roll:
  • The guy must've been horribly misinformed about Steam. I mean what'd he think that he could just download Steam and play all the games for free? You still gotta pay for the games dude. I have Steam myself and when I first got it I understood the concept of it being an emulator on a broader scale and you had to "buy" their ROMs if you will. But they get some good deals out of em at least, I bought The Ultimate DOOM, The Master Levels of Doom, DOOM2, DOOM3, and Resurection of Evil from them all for 25 bucks.
  • neva used steam, dont care to.<br />i personally prefer actual game discs/carts than a dl emulator.<br />i do luv playin quake live, super fun.<br /><br />i share luv and work on both pc & mac, never one over the other.<br />i do come across those old folks who own a macbook pro and can't figure out how to burn a dvd of their own recorded footage from iMovie. i get the joke of those stereotypes and laugh when i come across one of them in person.
  • Steam is great. I have quite a few games in my account. I prefer it over buying a game on a disc.
  • Oops well I for one think macs are great, I think Steve jobs is a genius and I actually cried when I found out about his cancer scare a few years ago. 
  • Why are you gonna cry about a guy you don't even know? Thats strike one right there for saying something stupid. Please, PLEASE, think about what your gonna say before you say it. My patience has been worn very thin lately and I am not exactly the friendliest individual on the site. I'll give you two more chances before I give you something to really cry about.<br /><br />Don't piss me off, I beg you.
  • on 1277931946:
    <br />Oops well I for one think macs are great, I think Steve jobs is a genius and I actually cried when I found out about his cancer scare a few years ago.  <br />
    <br />Steve jobs has aids. steve-jobs-aids.jpg
  • Sauce here: http://www.geekologie.com/mt/mt-search.cgi?search=steve+jobs+has+aids&IncludeBlogs=&IncludeBlogs=1&x=0&y=0<br /><br />I can't just let people spread bullshit like that around like its the truth with having some kind of confirmation. Anyways, read and make of it what you will.
  • On of my co-workers sent this link to me earlier.  :rofl:<br />http://apina.biz/24173.jpeg
  • I have Steam myself and when I first got it I understood the concept of it being an emulator on a broader scale and you had to "buy" their ROMs if you will.
  • Ya know, it really helps if you introduce yourself first and post in threads that are actually active.
  • no they arent, its like saying all wii users are bad gamers
  • ^ That comment is epic, lol.