Dreamcast 2

edited December 1969 in Sega Dreamcast
I have made an official petition for Sega to make a Dreamcast 2. Please share this on all the Sega and Dreamcast forums you know and be sure to try and get it stickied on those forums if you can.  Speaking of sticking, please sticky this topic.  The URL to the petition is: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/dreamcast2/

Comments

• You really should reconsider how you're going about this. I think it's great you want to see Sega make another console and that you were willing to create a petition and all, but there's some larger scope details you should have addressed beforehand, not that it can't still be rectified.<br /><br />1. Who at Sega in Sega Corporate is going to see your petition? You need to get ahold of contact information first thing and make a list of it all. You won't actually be sharing e-mail addresses and/or phone numbers with anyone, but it would be nice to be able to state in your campaigning names of Sega officials for whom the existence of the petition has been disclosed to. <br /><br />2. Campaign for your petition. You can't something this large scale solo or many people will find it difficult to take you seriously. You need to contact webmasters of gaming sites, namely Sega related ones, and get them involved in promoting the petition campaign. Posting on a message board may garner you a handful of petitions for the first couple of hours, but having a webmaster promote the petition on their site's front page will have a far greater outreaching effect.<br /><br />3. Keep on doing wht you've already done here, by unrelentlessly self-promoting the campaign. This shows backbone and webmasters will feel more confident about supporting such a campaign then.<br /><br />4. Make personnal contact with the folks at Sega when the petition reaches significant milestones, such as 20% of the desired petitions received and such. Don't let them think you've given up.
  • on 1269795834:
    <br />You really should reconsider how you're going about this. I think it's great you want to see Sega make another console and that you were willing to create a petition and all, but there's some larger scope details you should have addressed beforehand, not that it can't still be rectified.<br /><br />1. Who at Sega in Sega Corporate is going to see your petition? You need to get ahold of contact information first thing and make a list of it all. You won't actually be sharing e-mail addresses and/or phone numbers with anyone, but it would be nice to be able to state in your campaigning names of Sega officials for whom the existence of the petition has been disclosed to. <br /><br />2. Campaign for your petition. You can't something this large scale solo or many people will find it difficult to take you seriously. You need to contact webmasters of gaming sites, namely Sega related ones, and get them involved in promoting the petition campaign. Posting on a message board may garner you a handful of petitions for the first couple of hours, but having a webmaster promote the petition on their site's front page will have a far greater outreaching effect.<br /><br />3. Keep on doing wht you've already done here, by unrelentlessly self-promoting the campaign. This shows backbone and webmasters will feel more confident about supporting such a campaign then.<br /><br />4. Make personnal contact with the folks at Sega when the petition reaches significant milestones, such as 20% of the desired petitions received and such. Don't let them think you've given up.<br />
    <br />Maybe the admin here will put something about this on here?
  • Seriously, take my advice on that first step I gave before you go campaigning site webmasters and admins.
  • on 1269803733:
    <br />Seriously, take my advice on that first step I gave before you go campaigning site webmasters and admins.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Why, whoever gets it at Sega will get it.
  • See that's the wrong attitude, if the janitorial staff at Sega gets it then you've accomplished nothing. When you click to go to your petition there are links on the left side under the header "Similar Petitions" for: <br />sega dreamcast 2????<br />New Sega console<br />Sega Dreamcast 2/ or re-release sega ...<br />Re-release Sega Dreamcast (Or at leas...<br /><br />Total lack of oganization on everyone's part except for maybe the one petition titled "New Sega console", as that one managed to swing over 700 signatures.. in four years time.
  • Yea, we all want it kid, but it's up to Sega if it's gonna happen or not. <br /><br />The only logical step in my opinion is to aim at the next generation. Like the competition for the Playstation 4 and the Xbox 640 or something.
  • on 1270124303:
    <br />See that's the wrong attitude, if the janitorial staff at Sega gets it then you've accomplished nothing. When you click to go to your petition there are links on the left side under the header "Similar Petitions" for: <br />sega dreamcast 2????<br />New Sega console<br />Sega Dreamcast 2/ or re-release sega ...<br />Re-release Sega Dreamcast (Or at leas...<br /><br />Total lack of oganization on everyone's part except for maybe the one petition titled "New Sega console", as that one managed to swing over 700 signatures.. in four years time.<br />
    <br />One would be privy to think that janitorial staff at Sega get and read the mail for the entire company.
  • I have never heard of gathering and reading mail as part of janitorial duties. Name me one company that lets janitors read company mail.
  • Who is that directed to?
  • Probably me.
  • Hahahaha this thread is awesome already.
  • heck,yeah!<br />we need a better dreamcast that plays sonic adventures properly, like a 72 pin connector on the NES. or whatever.<br />well sega quit after the dreamcast so it'll be hard to round up the designers and everyone. I am a scientist so count me in if we'll get together to make a dreamcast 2.<br />
  • I don't think you are a scientist.
  • I know im late in this discussion but I started a facebook page called "Project Dreamcast 2", you guys should check it out. This is just the beginning
  • I petition to make me a sammich.
  • When will people learn, online petitions are useless. Ultimately it'd be up to Sega to put the new hardware out, and I think they actually make more money as a 3rd party company. So really they have no reason to, plus there are already 3 console companies around, 2 of those produce 90% of the same games, so really if they went out there then they'd have to really rethink their strategy as to who would be their audience. Then there is the issue of them already pushing content onto all systems as a 3rd party developer, and of course even making new franchises but of course they work under another company who will publish it so then of course there are now licensing issues. So really it seems impossible for them to come back into the market. Sorry fanboys.
  • on 1300593583:
    <br />I petition to make me a sammich.<br />
    <br />I second the motion.