help a noob

edited December 1969 in Sega Dreamcast
I am new to the forum but have been playin' my SMS and dreamcast for over a decade. I am however completely lost when it comes to the mods available to the DC. My cousin is in China and tells me all the time that i should download games to a single disc off a torrent sight and then play them all on the DC. he says i can play any SMS game or DC game (provided the memory needed does not go over 720 (blank cdr) can anyone enlighten me to the value of my old DC and my options?

Comments

• Well was it made before year 2000? if so get alcohol 120% and burn the games to disks. it's that easy.
  • I guess ill have to find out if mine was def made before 2000. im pretty sure it was. what file type am i looking for to put on disc? thanks for help.
  • .cdi file very few burning programs know this image type.
  • Does the bottom of the DC indicate the year it was manufactured?
  • Also, google a bit around for which brand CD's you need. Some work better than others. Some releases need a boot-cd, but most of them will just automatically boot.
  • on 1265647222:
    <br />Also, google a bit around for which brand CD's you need. Some work better than others. Some releases need a boot-cd, but most of them will just automatically boot.<br />
    <br /><br />On a related note, when you burn your CDs burn them at the slowest speed possible. This will obviously take longer, but the slower it is means the data is being written better, and the Dreamcast is likely to read the CD easier.
  • on 1265738769:
    <br />
    on 1265647222:
    <br />Also, google a bit around for which brand CD's you need. Some work better than others. Some releases need a boot-cd, but most of them will just automatically boot.<br />
    <br /><br />On a related note, when you burn your CDs burn them at the slowest speed possible. This will obviously take longer, but the slower it is means the data is being written better, and the Dreamcast is likely to read the CD easier.<br />
    <br /><br />Ah yea, forgot about that.<br /><br />I did get the feeling though, that burned games somehow didn't do good to my Dreamcast. I if it's coincidence or not, but after a while I got random disk read errors, also on official disks. <br /><br />But yea, that thing ran for hours and hours. Virtua Tennis 2, still my favorite 4-player multiplayer game.
  • thanks for the tips!