Phantasy Star Online

edited April 2009 in Sega Dreamcast
Hey.  I just happened across this site when feeling nostalgic about that old Dreamcast game PSO, did a google search and here it was.<br /><br />Any of you out there used to play on the EU servers near the end? I'd guess that was about 2 years ago.  Lost touch with all my old gamer mates from there.<br /><br />Disilusioned

Comments

• No, but I bet Tweeg did.
  • I remember someone called Tweeg who used to play. Saw him in the lobbies a few times if I was up late ...different time zones.
  • Chances are it's the guy here, also i have good news I know a private site which runs private servers if you still want to play.
  • Yeah I heard about the private servers, but I no longer have a Dreamcast anyway :/
  • Funny, I remember a EU player who was usually online one day in the future by the name disilusioned.<br /><br />How've you been?
  • Yeah that will have been me, used to be on Iapetus 1 with Liv PG, Eji Yoji, Angel and co. I'm fine thanks mate.  Yourself?<br /><br />What do you mean one day in the future? <br /><br />Do you ever hear from any of the others that used to play back in the day?
  • Seen Liv logged into MSN two or three times since the servers closed, but never got a response out of her. No contact with Darkstorm or either of the Amy's (Irish or English). Not that I've really tried to contact them though.<br /><br />Tried staying in contact with as many of the people from the official servers as possible. But that has proven to be rather difficult as many people no longer have the same instant messaging screen names or e-mail addresses.... or remember who I was. There to is the issue of a small percentage of people I still have in my IM lists that I'm rather ashamed to admit I don't recall who they were in PSO, only that they played.<br /><br />Most disappointing to me personally though is that someone who myself and a couple of other former EU server players had been in regular e-mail and IM contact with for several months after the servers closed suddenly stopped logging into chat and responding to e-mail. To drift apart with time is one thing, but to spontaneously cease all communications like that has been a bit concerning.<br /><br />Oh yeah, my website is hosted here, by Sega Forums.  http://www.segaforums.com/psoarchive/<br />Your character may or may not be in one of the pictures though, only have 700 pictures online so far.
  • I kept in contact with Liv, we emailed regularly for about a year after the servers closed but then she vanished.  After she stopped responding I sent her an email now and then asking how she was, but after roughly 4 months her email address (which was the email address she gave out to programming clients (hotmail) ceased to exist.  So i've no idea what happened to her, when was the last time she logged into MSN? <br /><br />There were a lot of players I knew from back then, I just can't remember all their names, players like Mieze, Arena, Orchid, Eji Yoji and so on.  But I didnt keep in contact with any of them.  I just saw this site and thought maybe some of the old gang might use it ....just you and me it seems. <br /><br />Oh I checked out your site, there are a few pics of me in the lobbies, brought back old memories thanks :).  At the time the servers closed down I was doing exams and I just didn't consider asking for peoples email addresses to keep in contact, sort of regret it now because I got a lot of enjoyment from the hours I spent playing that game.  I would try PSU but I heard the old magic just isn' there :( .
  • Mostly its players the players from outside of the U.S.A. I've lost contact with. There were so few of us from the U.S.A. playing the EU version that we stuck together pretty well. <br /><br />Was sometime last year that I last saw Liv logged into MSN, possibly before she closed her Hotmail account, not really sure. But that's the way it went with Albatross, the person to whom I was referencing in my previous post. Just stopped communicating one day and no one's heard from her since. <br /><br />Orchid I still see logged into MSN from time to time. Shadowknight I don't think ever logs out of MSN, though he's pretty much always afk.<br /><br />Eji Yoji (aka Darkstorm) I always gathered seemed to view PSO as a sort of dating service. One for which he seemed to have good success with... for that's worth. lol<br /><br />There was that Kireek fellow (spelled K_I_R_E_E-K) who I never really conversed much with. He's easy enough to contact, seems to be a member at nearly all of the major gaming site forums with any relation to the DC, except here I think.<br /><br />But yeah, think I have current contact info for just about all of the U.S.A. players... and one Canadian player. Have infrequent contact with a couple of JP players still as well.<br /><br />PSU is unquestionably Phantasy Star in theme and all, but it's not PSO. They've added a bunch of the items and even some references to PSO into the last two PSU games, but it still doesn't make PSU PSO. If you've got a decent PC, or even not so decent one, give PSO:BB a try: http://schtserv.com/<br />The community is now where near as great as what we had on Dreamcast PSO, but at least it's PSO. And considering it's the only way to play the act of the game (Episode 4) it's well worth it. Must warn you though that while it isn't required, I strongly recommend using a USB gaming pad to play it. Keyboard and mouse are woefully inadequate for playing PSO. Feel free to add me to your IM contacts too. Mostly on AIM, but I do log into YIM and MSN at least a couple of times a week.
  • There weren't too many EU players left at the end either, about 20 i'd say, kind of a sad end to it.  Liv's last email to me was last June I think, it was incomplete, she seemed to be planning to add to it later but never did. Can you choose to close a hotmail account? I thought an admin had to do that or something along those lines?  <br /><br />I remember seeing that player Albatross a few times but she never really said much to me so I didn't know her well. I also remember Orchid, he was quite a regular gamer but I think he switched to Game Cube PSO before the servers went down, never got his email address though. Same goes for Shadowknight, he and I had a good few conversations when he was online. Do you still talk to those pair? If so say hello from me, maybe they won't remember me though lol.<br /><br />I didn't realise Eji Yoji was also called Darkstorm, but I do know what you mean about the dating thing lol, he had something going with that girl Kim/Angel ....I can't remember what her real name was but they seemed to have and on/off sort of thing.<br /><br />That Kireek guy, I vaguely remember him ....is he German?  There were a lot of players who would jump in and out of the lobby and never say much.<br /><br />I've considered trying that private server you mentioned but never got around to it, not sure if it would be as good without the same old community of players but ill look into it, thanks for the info.<br /><br />I actually never use an IM service, but I have a Yahoo email address so I might use YIM ....but AIM just requires an email address too thought doesn't it? So if I get that sorted out i'll add you mate, is your username for them just Tweeg?
  • Yeah, I dont know why but I thought this would be a good time to tell you I always thought you were cool and much respect to ya.
  • Fairly certain Kireek isn't German> He frequents far too many English only forums for that to be the case. Just poor grammar skills perhaps.<br /><br />Yes, you can close e-mail accounts. Most E-mail service providers will also close your account if you go for more than a month without logging in. E-mail adresses are by no means permanent.<br /><br />June, summer time, seems like a possible time persiod for when I last noticed her online. Did recall when I read your post that it was rather hot here, temperature wise, that day when I last recall seeing she was online. But like I said, she never responded to chat attempts from me.<br /><br />Eji use to get highly annoyed with me for calling him Darkstorm as most people did not know him by that name. He'd had to get a new SN/AK to play PSO with so lost that character. Can't remember if it was from having his DC die on him or due to having his SN/AK banned for hacking, but it happened not long after meeting him in PSO.<br /><br />As for Angel, she was the second Amy. The first Amy was a nice girl from Ireland who was playing using her brothers DC. She mostly got online just for the chat aspect and was quite close to both Eji and Liv as she wasn't very interested in actually playing PSO, just a lonely person with a strong desire to have other people she could communicate with. That Amy quit playing PSO as she was leaving home to attend a university. Recall her final week on PSO as being rather sad for most everyone as she had become a staple of Iapetus 1-1. Was rare for her to not be in the lobby there.<br /><br />The second Amy was a player from England who had characters named Angel, Kim, and thinking one other character. She showed up not to long after first Amy quit and caused a bit of confusion for many of the irregular players who were unaware that Amy 1 had actually quit PSO. And just like the first Amy this one formed a strong bond with Liv and Eji and would regularly hang out in the lobby of Iapetus 1-1 just to chat. Eji fell in love with this Amy and if I'm not mistaken I seem to recall in the days leading up to the end of the official servers that they discovered they didn't live all that far away from each other and were planning to meet in person. A PSO romance?... we may never know.<br /><br />Mieze and Arena I remember playing with. Wasn't Arena the game collector from Greece? Or was that someone else? Mieze was from Germany, of that I'm fairly certain of. Haven't kept contact with anyone from Germany, not that I didn't try to to some extent. I mean, I know where to find them online through message boards, but I guess we didin't really communicate all that much due to the different languages and all... Though I did have a thing for Mona <sigh>.... she was cute.<br /><br />
  • Spoke to Kireek on a different forum, he wasn't the one I remember and he said he only started playing a short time before the end and didn't get to know too many people. I think there was a German one aswell though, but not sure.<br /><br />I asked about the e-mail accounts because I have an old AOL one that doesn't get closed no matter how long I leave it without logging in, and when I do just to check it is riddled with spam lol, very annoying so I want to get rid of it but there are no options to do it.  About Liv, I get the feeling something happened to her because her main email address was one she used for working (she was a programmer and worked for clients online), and it ceased to exist about 3/4 months after she stopped replying, but I suppose i'll never know.<br /><br />If I recall correctly Eji used to have mood swings.  He and Angel said they were going to continue to play on that unofficial server and I think they even started to use it more than the official ones before the end. I remember getting into an argument with him once (I say and argument but it was really him getting annoyed because I wouldn't agree with him) about some conspiracy theory he had lol.<br /><br />I never met the "first Amy", I think I arrived a few weeks after she left.  I had played PSO when it first came out for 4/5 months and then I sold my DC for some much needed spending money.  Then years later I bought a second hand one with PSO included and out of curiousity tried it and it connected (was version 1).  To be honest I was surprised anyone was still playing the game nevermind the server still being there as it had been around for 5 years or so and Dreamcast was dead.  I only got to play for about a year before the servers were shut down :( . I have fond memories of it though.  Often there were only 5/6 people on the servers so I didn't get to play as often as I would have liked because Liv had lost some interest in actually, and Angel and Eji mostly wanted to play in locked games by themselves.<br /><br />Was Angels real name Amy? She did tell me it but I can't recall.  I do know that Eji told me he couldn't seem to convince her to meet him, at least that's the last I heard.  They seemed to argue about that a lot.<br /><br />Yeah Mieze was definately German, seemed a pleasant guy and tried to join in when there were conversations in the Lobby, often he just stood with us and didn't join in because he didn't know what we were talking about lol.  And year Arena was Greek as far as I remember, in the Greek army.  I remember him telling me all about he rifles they used. <br /><br />Lol I remember Mona, she wasn't there too often, but maybe I was just on at different times. She was a little bit crazy if I remember, I had fun teasing her about being a nutter lol. Just messing though, nothing serious and she gave as good as she got :).  Never even knew she was actually female to be honest lol.  <br /><br />Hey do you remember a Mr Ganja? A crazy Italian who was always stoned?  I think he migrated to cube with Orchid though.
  • I pretty much avoided playing with Mr. Ganja. He had the tendency to experiment with codes that would quite often cause people in the same team with him to BSOD. <br /><br />Mona was the first and only person to ever insult me without any real cause for reason in PSO. Logged in one day not even two weeks after importing EU PSO V1 and she was already in the lobby chatting. Asked me where I was from and kind of went balistic at the mention of the "U.S.A.". Anywho, somehow that rather jagged conversation was difused and we wound up having many good times playing PSO and chatting both in-game and on MSN. <br /><br />Arena has/had a website, but unfortunately both of the other PSO players sites I use to go to that linked to it have closed. Mona and Miyu's sites to be precise. Do you remember Miyu by chance? She was the young girl from Poland. She stopped playing a full year before the servers closed though because her Dreamcast was beginning to have technical difficulties with the GD-ROM drive and she didn't understand how to fix it.<br /><br />Guess I really shouldn't be surprised by the existence of multiple Kireek's. He is one of the more impressionable characters in PSO.
  • Yeah Ganja did mess with codes as far as I remember, I think he even deleted one of his own characters by accident and got a ban, which must have been a limited ban because he came back.  He was a crazy guy lol.<br /><br />Mona was a little nutter, she did come out with a lot of random things, it was funny though :).  I didn't see her too often, I think either we just didn't play at the same times or had stopped playing often after I started. Lol so she had a go at you for being American? Was she just looking for an agument lol?<br /><br />I do remember Miyu, I only knew her for a short time before she vanished, which must have been when her DC started acting up as you say, but I hadn't realised that is why she stopped playing.  She had one of those bouncing bobble hats on her character didn't she lol? Or am I thinking of someone else?<br /><br />I found Diogo on another forum (I signed up to a couple and asked this same question on the off chance ....didn't expect to find anyone to be honest lol). He kept in contact with a few of the gang but nothing recent.  Still its good to know that at least a few of you guys are still out there gaming and what not :) .
  • Diogo is a good kid, err, not a kid anymore I guess, lol. Haven't really kept up with him though. He was (maybe still is) thoroughly trapped into the OC hype. He was the sort of person who was quite happy and contented in that group but knew nothing about OC's history. Figured it was best to leave him be as he was and let him figure things out about that site for himself. You remember the OC don't you?<br /><br />I don't think Mona actually enjoyed arguing so much. More like she used the creation of an arguement as a means to guage the intelligence level of the person with whom she was conversing as a means to determine if it was someone worthy of her time in the future. She was actually a rather deep minded person like that. But back to what you said, yes, she was having a go at me because she had mistakenly generalized that all Americans were a bunch of morons.<br /><br />And yes, Miyu was a FOnewearl with bobbles on her hat. Should have a picture of her either on my site or in the pictures not yet online. Oh! If you go to links, the link image for her site shows what her character looked like. Her site is gone though, I really need to redo that page sometime soon.  :P<br /><br />You'll probably get a kick out of this. Did you know you're on Thira CLONE's cheater/hacker list?<br />http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/Lt_Kelly/LOUNG1/PSO/PSO_PLA1.HTM<br />Lots, and lots, and lots of familiar names on that list. Sorry to say that despite efforts there are a few players on her list who were legit players. Those players are:<br />Albatross<br />Tillin<br />DEATHLOCK<br />Uranium-235<br />Ninja Light<br /><br /><br />Oh man, that list is a great reminder. The first Amy's primary character was named Gemini. And Mieze I knew as Negloziae (aka Neg). Neg was her primary character and the one she used almost exclusively when we played together. She was good friends with Albatross.
  • Omg HAI guyz! Think I only kept in touch with Tweeg haha :luv:
  • on 1239835120:
    <br />Yeah that will have been me, used to be on Iapetus 1 with Liv PG, Eji Yoji, Angel and co. I'm fine thanks mate.  Yourself?<br /><br />What do you mean one day in the future? <br /><br />Do you ever hear from any of the others that used to play back in the day?<br />
    <br /><br />(Ahem!) Someone is missing from that list!  Liv PG, Eji Yoji, Angel, Noggins and co<br /><br />Hello, there Richard Nixon! Who now resides in Liverpool after stepping down from your old presidential position many eons ago on the pso planet of Ragol!<br /><br />What's brings you here, man?  still with your girlfriend? <br />Tweeg mentioned this thread to me on MSN, by the way  :P<br /><br /><br />
  • I'm on that list too, did I hack? I can't remember
  • on 1240196524:
    <br />I'm on that list too, did I hack? I can't remember<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />I remember you, but not for any hacks! You were from Ireland, right?<br /><br /><br /><br />
  • Yeah lol, I remember you too, with Liv and the team
  • Hello everyone, hello Tweeg.<br /><br />It's pure luck that i'm here today, it all started when i wanted to go to the sega boards forum but i din't knew the url, so i searched in google for "sega forums", i check the 1st link just to see what it had, as soon as i enter the forum i saw the latest posts:<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - not related<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br />.....<br /><br />I was like O_O, so i checked the topic and i saw that you ppl were talking about me and about a few other players.<br />I hope i fit in this community here, i may not post much, but again i am new and i haven't read the other sub forums.
  • Holy crap... new members!<br /><br />Welcome to the boards Shadowknight, Noggins, and Kireek.
  • Hey there Shad, Kireek and Noggins <br /><br />Yes I remember you Noggins, I just didn't want to write the names of everyone I remembered lol.  You were outraged about the Transformers movie right? What did you think of it when you finally watched it?  Or did you boycott it lol? I just felt nostagalgic about PSO so I wondered what happened to the old gang, so I signed up for some forums related to PSO and asked if any of you were still out there, never expected to find anyone lol. Oh i'm  not with that girl anymore, i've gone through a few gf's since then nog lol.  Hows it going yourself? <br /><br />Yeah Tweeg I remember the OCers, they were the ultra legit guys that wouldn't speak to us lol.  Diogo actually recommened I sign up on their site when I was speaking to him on seganerds forum, but I haven't had much time to think about it so far.  I'll leave a message on that other forum for Diogo to visit this thread.  Did you ever hear from Mona again? Oh you said you never stayed in touch with the German players?<br /><br />I vaguely remember that clone person, but I didn't even own a code breaker so i'm not even sure how I cheated lol.<br /><br />Shadowknight, you never showed up for the end of PSO, did you not know it was happening?  Lol do you remember that Japanese girl you were friendly with? I tried to have a conversation with her and because of her bad english, and my lake of Japanese language skills, I somehow accidentally insulted her mother? At least she thought I did lol. That was hard work trying to explain the misunderstanding lol.<br /><br />Good to see all you guys are still about :) .<br /><br /><br />
  • Lol, yeah I didn't show up for that, I think I got my date wrong, cause I logged on a few days later and it said the server was down. Was much Q_Q. Think I went into withdrawals. JP girl, Yuki2003? Or something. She was cool, taught me JP. Now I recall, I did hack haha. <br />Noggins wouldn't be that guy who hung around with Liv and I, always stayed low level, never really played? Or one of you guys I dunno.
  • Lol Shad, you might be thinking of me there. You don't remember the name?  I never got to play much because Liv was never really in the mood to play and everyone else was version 2 and a very high level. I eventually got Ver.2 but still didn't get to play much :/. Although i'm not sure if Nog played much either, he did remember my actual name though ....well not the Nixon part, but good memory there mate. <br /><br />Shad I think her name was Yuki something, but I had to get you to try and sort it out, because she completely misunderstood me and thought I had insulted her mother :/.
  • on 1240239020:
    <br />Hello everyone, hello Tweeg.<br /><br />It's pure luck that i'm here today, it all started when i wanted to go to the sega boards forum but i din't knew the url, so i searched in google for "sega forums", i check the 1st link just to see what it had, as soon as i enter the forum i saw the latest posts:<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - not related<br /> - phantasy star online<br /> - phantasy star online<br />.....<br /><br />I was like O_O, so i checked the topic and i saw that you ppl were talking about me and about a few other players.<br />I hope i fit in this community here, i may not post much, but again i am new and i haven't read the other sub forums.<br />
    <br /><br />Are you the same Kireek I spoke to on Ragol.co.uk?
  • Welcome fellas
  • on 1240253511:
    <br />Lol Shad, you might be thinking of me there. You don't remember the name?  I never got to play much because Liv was never really in the mood to play and everyone else was version 2 and a very high level. I eventually got Ver.2 but still didn't get to play much :/. Although i'm not sure if Nog played much either, he did remember my actual name though ....well not the Nixon part, but good memory there mate. <br /><br />Shad I think her name was Yuki something, but I had to get you to try and sort it out, because she completely misunderstood me and thought I had insulted her mother :/. <br />
    <br /><br />Lol maybe it was you, I do remember the name, and HUmar part. And just being sick freaks sitting in the lobbies till like, 5am or something insane. I stillgot Miyus email, Lexy, Liv, Tweeg and Mona around. Fun times.I don't think anyone actually "played" the game, just chatted lol. What happened on the last day? Anything official or was it just everyone cuddling in the lobby?
  • Disilusioned, yep, it's me.