Roots of MAC/PC

edited December 1969 in Computers
I thought that it would only be appropriate to comment on the Movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley" in this forum....<br />In my Web Programing class and Computer Science class I had to watch this movie today, which these classes are right after one another. So I had to sit through this dumb movie twice in a little over 3 hrs. Even though it was pretty dumb it was kinda cool seeing how Jobs and Gates competed for the graphics interface! It was a TNT original movie so people probably haven't even heard of it... and in that case... don't try to look it up and want to watch it... it's a waste of time.

Comments

• It wasnt that bad....ok, it was...but it had its moments
  • i actually liked it... it was cool to see them fight over things like that...<br />didnt XEROX have the orginal idea for windows, the APPLE stole it then MICROSOFT stole it.... ive heard that sumwhere but im not sure if its true
  • XEROX invented Graphical Interface
  • Yeah XEROX had it... and in the movie the lady was all pissed because Apple was just walking in there and stealing their whole idea... wha ha ha
  • HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION: What would have happened if Apple hadn't seen XEROX's graphical interface?<br /><br />Hmmm....
  • XEROX probably would have taken over the computer scene for a while... or sold the software to IBM<br />If scenario A would have occurred, then I'm sure Bill Gates would have found some way to get his hands on it, and/or Apple would have copied it, in which case Bill Gates still would have found a way to get it and then XEROX would lose its stronghold over the computer industry<br />If XEROX sold there software to IBM, then IBM would probably still be the leading computer industry<br /><br />At least.... that's my theory :rolleyes:
  • So, your saying unless IBM got it first, Bill Gates was unstoppable and would still be rich as hell.
  • Yep.. basically
  • or billl gates has this new program he thought of called DOORS 2.0 and its the same as windows except all the icons were doors and all the sfx were door opening and closing sounds......::god i have no life:: :cry:
  • or billl gates has this new program he thought of called DOORS 2.0 and its the same as windows except all the icons were doors and all the sfx were door opening and closing sounds......::god i have no life:: :cry:
    <br /> heh... exactly
  • :lol: i knew that was coming
    <br /> I would pay money for that program...those doors would be so amazing. Eventually they would have different sizes and styles...oh no...Ive gone crosseyed...
  • or billl gates has this new program he thought of called DOORS 2.0 and its the same as windows except all the icons  were doors and all the sfx were door opening and closing sounds......::god i have no life:: :cry:
    <br />I would pay money for that program...those doors would be so amazing. Eventually they would have different sizes and styles...oh no...Ive gone crosseyed...
    <br /> :lol: omg theres a new birchwood door SE v.2.0 out I GOTTA GET IT NOT ONLY DOES IT OPEN AND CLOSE DOORS BUT IT KNOCKS AND RINGS DOORBELLS AND HAS JEHOVAS WITNESSES!!
  • With Bicycles? Please have bicycles!
    <br /> OF COURSE WITH BYCYCLES!!! YOU CAN ALSO HEAR THEM COMING DOWN THE ROAD ON THEIR BIKES BECUZ THEY HAVE THAT CUTE LITTLE BASEBALL CARD CATTACHED TO THE SPOKES!! YOU CAN ALSO HEAR HIM HUM A HYMN BE FORE HE RINGS THE DOORBELL!!!!!!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />im gonna f******* pass out now
    <br />OF COURSE WITH BYCYCLES!!! YOU CAN ALSO HEAR THEM COMING DOWN THE ROAD ON THEIR BIKES BECUZ THEY HAVE THAT CUTE LITTLE BASEBALL CARD CATTACHED TO THE SPOKES!! YOU CAN ALSO HEAR HIM HUM A HYMN BE FORE HE RINGS THE DOORBELL!!!!!!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />im gonna f******* pass out now
    <br /> This is why forums are so interesting, because you can do crap like this....anyway...<br /><br />Ah, when you execute or 'open' a door a small bell rings and the progam will boot up as a pamphlet (I think I spelled that right) thrown at your face.
    <br />OF COURSE WITH BYCYCLES!!! YOU CAN ALSO HEAR THEM COMING DOWN THE ROAD ON THEIR BIKES BECUZ THEY HAVE THAT CUTE LITTLE BASEBALL CARD CATTACHED TO THE SPOKES!! YOU CAN ALSO HEAR HIM HUM A HYMN BE FORE HE RINGS THE DOORBELL!!!!!!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />im gonna f******* pass out now
    <br />This is why forums are so interesting, because you can do crap like this....anyway...<br /><br />Ah, when you execute or 'open' a door a small bell rings and the progam will boot up as a pamphlet (I think I spelled that right) thrown at your face.
    <br /> ok im madd tired now dorrs2.0 wore me out ima go to bed see u guys tomm.
  • Getting back to the point. Microsoft has a better product today due to linux. Microsoft has stolen a lot of ideas of apple and off linux, they arent all original.
  • Getting back to the point. Microsoft has a better product today due to linux. Microsoft has stolen a lot of ideas of apple and off linux, they arent all original.
    <br /> Duh Microsoft stole peoples idea. The only thing that seems to be original in their operating system is the name....Hell the probably stole that too from a kid for all we know. Bill Gates is a mastermind and manipulating people to get what he wants.
    <br />Duh Microsoft stole peoples idea. The only thing that seems to be original in their operating system is the name....Hell the probably stole that too from a kid for all we know. Bill Gates is a mastermind and manipulating people to get what he wants.
    <br /> Yeah, like what they sold to IBM that operating system that they bought off some guy working at Seattle Computer Company... They bought the operating system for $50,000 then like 3 months later their company was worth more than $10,000,000... I think that's so f*cking funny because people suspected that the guy they bought the operating system from didn't even make it, he had actually pirated it off of somebody else. :lol:
    <br />Duh Microsoft stole peoples idea. The only thing that seems to be original in their operating system is the name....Hell the probably stole that too from a kid for all we know. Bill Gates is a mastermind and manipulating people to get what he wants.
    <br />Yeah, like what they sold to IBM that operating system that they bought off some guy working at Seattle Computer Company... They bought the operating system for $50,000 then like 3 months later their company was worth more than $10,000,000... I think that's so f*cking funny because people suspected that the guy they bought the operating system from didn't even make it, he had actually pirated it off of somebody else. :lol:
    <br /> I hate Gates...such a greedy man...
  • Money is the Root of all evil
    <br />I don't find that as true as.<br />
    The want of money is the Root of all evil
    <br /><br /><br /><br />Everybody has Greed, just most people aren't as ambitious to follow up on all the Greed they have.
  • Rotfl! This must be the craziest thread so far on tihis forums.<br /><br />
    DOORS 2.0[/quote[<br />
    AND HAS JEHOVAS WITNESSES!!
    <br /><br /> :rofl:
    DOORS 2.0[/quote[<br />
    <br /> I'm glad that you can laugh at that and not be like the rest of the people who just blame Bill Gates for being a Greedy Bastard.
    DOORS 2.0[/quote[<br />
    <br />I'm glad that you can laugh at that and not be like the rest of the people who just blame Bill Gates for being a Greedy Bastard.
    <br /> Easy Fella...Im laughing just like everone else, but I just hate Gates.
  • LOL.... I knew that would bug you... I'm just messing with ya.
    <br /> Knowing you, I knew you would manipulate that...you do it to everything else...
    <br />Knowing you, I knew you would manipulate that...you do it to everything else...
    <br /> What are you trying to say, Xeonic?
  • Your an ass, but you already knew that :lol:
  • Your an ass, but you already knew that :lol:
    <br /> :whine: :cry: :whine: <br /><br /><br /> :tooth: Ya, I know :lol:
This discussion has been closed.