Regarding the state of the website

Hey everyone.<br /><br /><br />I haven't been visiting lately, or I should say for the last year, and I'm happy to see that the site is still chuggin' along. That said, I feel bad for not being around that much, especially considering this site turned 10 last February. I completely forgot about it because my work situation was nothing short of insane. But fuck that. Excuses, excuses. <br /><br />So, what's next? <br /><br />Although I'm still happy about the general look, it isn't exactly up to today's standards anymore. The most important problem is that it's not compatible with mobile phones. I'm currently looking around to upgrade to a different forum system that's a little bit more modern. The downside is that the one I'm currently looking at isn't free, but nor is hosting a site like this on open-source software. I never made any money with this site. It was always fun. But upgrading means I'll have to make a pretty big investment. <br /><br />But that's OK. Things were different ten years ago when this place got started. I was a kid living with my parents and a weekend job, now I'm working a full-time job and living in an apartment in the city. This means I can spend more money on this place, but it also means that I don't have much time anymore. <br /><br />With everything else changing in my life, I'm also just not as much into video games anymore than I used to be. This makes sense, and it's probably a good thing. <br /><br />That said, I will always love this place, as it was my very first internet-project. I also love all you guys, especially the ones who have stuck around from the very beginning. This site also ranks high in Google, despite things being a little quiet, so there's definitely potential in it. More than we're currently getting out of it, that's for sure. I'm looking at different angles and options, and I really intend to get this place buzzin' again.<br /><br />So stay tuned. Things are going to change. I can't promise anything about when (with the 40-hour work week and all), but they eventually will. <br /><br /><br />Happy late 10th anniversary, everybody!

Comments

• Congratulations on ten great years!<br /><br /><br />Completely understand what you're going through with the work schedule. It's the same for me, a 40 hour work week doesn't leave a whole lot of free time for side projects.
  • on 1412042825:
    <br />Congratulations on ten great years!<br /><br /><br />Completely understand what you're going through with the work schedule. It's the same for me, a 40 hour work week doesn't leave a whole lot of free time for side projects.<br />
    <br /><br />Yeah, it sucks, quite frankly.
  • I know I sound like an old fuck when I say this, but life was so much easier 10 years ago when I was just a kid... lol.
  • Happy 10th birthday! :banana:<br /><br />Yeah I know what you mean about life being easier when we are kids Dick.  I think it's the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing. Before the reality of life becomes apparent you have no worries, no stress, no bills, no work etc.  But with it's good that life changes along the way I think, because things would get boring if everything stayed the same :) 
  • Happy 10th!  :banana:<br />Hahaaa, the irony in this  :lol: cheers to a brighter future!  :chill:
  • on 1412069992:
    <br />I know I sound like an old fuck when I say this, but life was so much easier 10 years ago when I was just a kid... lol.<br />
    <br />Preach
  • on 1412212595:
    <br />
    on 1412069992:
    <br />I know I sound like an old fuck when I say this, but life was so much easier 10 years ago when I was just a kid... lol.<br />
    <br />Preach<br />
    <br /><br />Dude, we've been e-buddies for like, 15 years or something.
  • on 1413372275:
    <br />
    on 1412212595:
    <br />
    on 1412069992:
    <br />Preach<br />
    <br /><br />Dude, we've been e-buddies for like, 15 years or something.<br />
    <br /><br />Thats fucked LOL
  • Honestly, I don't see why a grown man would want to make a forum his priority. You should just be happy you're living a stable lifestyle and continue living it.
  • on 1422491369:
    <br />Honestly, I don't see why a grown man would want to make a forum his priority. You should just be happy you're living a stable lifestyle and continue living it.<br />
    <br />Yeah, you make a good point, but I hate letting things go to ruin. This site still gets a very stable stream of visitors every day, and it's a shame that they're getting a dated-looking, half broken-down website. <br /><br />I got some plans, though. Look here: http://www.segaforums.com/index.php?topic=10579